PDF Print E-mail

History of US 41

A highway with a long tradition
Ground broke on US 41 in 1926, and the first official US 41 signs were posted the following year. In 1930, the final segment of gravel-surfaced road from Oconto northerly to the Oconto/Marinette County line was replaced with pavement. Since then, there have been many updates and improvements to keep traffic running smoothly.
Historic highwayHistoric highway overpassHistoric highway entrance ramp
Images used with permission from the Wisconsin Historical Society, WHS #66589, 66582, 66894